GCSE Computer Science
Computer Science at Wright Robinson is designed to be relevant to the modern, changing world of computing, our goal is to boost computing skills of students essential for 21st century. This carefully planned course gives students a real, indepth understanding of how computer technology works. It offers an insight into what goes on ‘behind the scenes’, including computer programming, which many students find absorbing.
THROUGH THIS QUALIFICATION STUDENTS WILL
- Develop their understanding of current and emerging technologies and how they work
- Look at the use of algorithms in computer programs
- Become independent and discerning users of IT
- Acquire and apply creative and technical skills, knowledge and understanding of IT in a range of contexts
- Develop computer programs to solve problems
- Evaluate the effectiveness of computer programs/ solutions and the impact of computer technology in society.
WHY CHOOSE GCSE COMPUTER SCIENCE?
- It’s a great way to develop critical thinking, analysis and problem-solving skills, which can be transferred to further learning and to everyday life.
- Students who want to go on to higher study and employment in the field of computer science will find it provides a superb stepping stone.
- Computer Science is now part of the English Baccalaureate and is included as one of the qualifications that count towards new school performance measures. Any Computing specifications included in the EBacc have to be approved by BCS (The Chartered Institute for IT) – and our GCSE Computing has been.
SUPPORT AND GUIDANCE
–You have access to outstanding resources, including Codio’s platform to help you enhance your own computer science knowledge and skills
Qualification: OCR GCSE Computing