Design Technology Technician
Closing Date: Thursday 18th October
TERM TIME ONLY – PRO-RATED SALARY £15,577 to £17,136 per annum
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you want to work in an Outstanding School? If so, we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and hardworking Design Technology Technician.
We are looking to appoint a person with electronics and soldering experience, a knowledge of welding and brazing hearth use and a skills set on using design technology tools and equipment.
It will be your responsibility to prepare equipment for design technology lessons and to support students with their practical work at key stages 3 and 4.
Wright Robinson College is outstanding in every area of the Ofsted Inspection Frame work. As an ‘Outstanding School’ we are totally committed to continuing to further raise academic standards and attainment, across an academic curriculum, for the community we serve.
We have a fantastic building which is supported by the latest resources to support learning. We are located on the east side of Manchester with fantastic communication links across the Greater Manchester Conurbation.
Have you got the desire, experience and ambition to join our Team? Is so, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please use the arrows below to view information.
GRADE 4 TERM TIME ONLY, 35 Hours each week
8.15am to 3.45pm
Head of Design Technology Faculty
Deputy Headteachers, Assistant Headteacher, Heads of Faculty, Heads of Year, Teaching Staff, Support Staff, Parents and Pupils
- To ensure the timely and accurate preparation and deployment of materials and equipment, as required by teaching staff for the teaching of the subject.
- To ensure that Design Technology teaching areas are prepared and serviced in readiness for lessons.
- To ensure that all materials, apparatus and equipment from the teaching areas is cleared away when the lessons are completed and ensure the teaching area is ready for the next lesson.
- To ensure that resources and equipment is cleaned and stored away after use.
- To provide specialist advice and guidance as required to staff and pupils.
- To provide specialist support to assist the Design Technology teachers in delivery of their lessons in teaching areas, as and when required.
- To ensure the safe and secure storage, handling, movement and disposal of all chemical and biological substances.
- To contribute to the planning, development and organisation of systems, procedures and policies within the Design Technology Faculty.
- To be aware of and comply with child protection procedures, health and safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting any concerns to the relevant member of staff.
- To attend Faculty meetings as and when required.
- To ensure the safe and secure storage of materials and teaching resources, ICT and AVA equipment.
- To assist with monitoring, managing and the ordering of stock within an agreed budget, cataloguing resources and undertaking audits as required ensuring that the Design Technology stock book is kept fully up to date. This may require personal shopping visits for resources.
- To ensure the cleanliness and tidiness in the teaching and preparation areas in accordance with Health and Safety practices and carry out Health and Safety checks in all teaching and preparation areas as required.
- To be aware of COSHH and Health and Safety regulations and to bring to the attention of the Head of Faculty any areas of concern that may arise..
- To be aware of new developments in areas of Design Technology and new equipment and assist staff in the assessment and evaluation of new equipment needs prior to the developments of new expanded courses.
- To undertake training where necessary in accordance with the College’s aims for continued professional development of all staff.
- To help prepare and cost, lists for requisition I orders
- To undertake other reasonable duties as may be determined by the headteacher.
To download an application form please click the ‘download’ link below: