Closing Date: 9.00 am on Friday 7th December
Job Starts – As Soon As Possible
£9.04 per hour
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wright Robinson College are seeking to appoint a lifeguard(s) to work within our Wright Robinson leisure team.
This is an exciting opportunity for motivated and committed people. The lifeguards are responsible for the safety and wellbeing of all site visitors and staff, ensuring the highest level of customer service.
Applications are invited from any individual who holds a current RLSS NPLQ qualification.
HOURS OF WORK:
Shift 1 – Tuesday 5pm – 10pm
Shift 2 – Friday 5pm – 9.15pm
Shift 3 – Saturday 8.30am – 6.30pm
Shift 4 – Sunday 8.30am – 6.30pm
You must be enthusiastic, professional, committed and customer-focused.
The ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively at all levels, be smartly presented and have the ability to work under pressure.
Ideally our Lifeguards should have previous experience of working in a similar role. They must also possess a current relevant lifeguard qualification.
Qualifications and Experience
We require a responsible individual with experience of working on poolside. As this is a hands-on role, experience of pool operations would be an advantage.
The RLSS NATIONAL Pool Lifeguard Qualification is essential.
Please use the arrows below to view information.
To be responsible for maintaining a safe environment
Supervision of all pool users
Maintaining a high level of cleanliness and hygiene throughout the whole site this will involve cleaning and litter picking.
Assisting in all equipment set up and put down.
Covering reception duties when required.
Assisting swimming lessons as required
£9.04 PER HOUR
- To undertake continuous swimming pool surveillance, recovery of bathers, resuscitation, first aid and general assistance in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Maintain your qualification by attending regular staff training
- Be aware of and follow all procedures as set out in the NOP/EAP
- To communicate with members to deal with enquiries effectively and promote services, referring to supervision as appropriate and maintain a high standard of customer care and service quality.
- To oversee general safety and monitor behavior of members to prevent injury, misuse and damage to facilities or unsocial conduct.
- To maintain excellent hygiene standards by undertaking a systematic cleaning schedule and assisting with other areas as directed by the Site Manager / Leisure Manager / Leisure Supervisor. These may entail setting up courts and litter picking the external/internal areas of the leisure village.
- Check for defects to equipment and facilities and report any faults to the management team.
- To report any accidents or dangerous occurrences as soon as possible to the Site Manager / Leisure Manager / Leisure Supervisor.
- Any threats to the health and safety of other staff and members should be reported immediately.
To download an application form please click the ‘download’ link below:
STATEMENT ON EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES
The Governing Body of Wright Robinson Sports College has adopted the City Council’s policy on equal opportunities in employment and believes that all sections of the population should have equal access to jobs offered by the Governing Body. As such no applicant or employee will receive less favourable treatment than others because of their colour, creed, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, sex, marital status, sexuality, trade union activity or responsibility for dependants.