Our College has been given the opportunity to take part in a new project that will run in partnership with Manchester Safeguarding Board and Greater Manchester Police.
The project, Operation Encompass, is designed to provide early reporting to schools on domestic abuse incidents that occur outside of school, which might have an impact on a child attending school the following day.
Nominated members of staff (or Key Adults) will be trained to liaise with the police. At Wright Robinson College our Key Adults are:
- Mr N L Beischer (Headtaecher)
- Mr M Haworth (Deputy Headteacher / Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Ms A Bowker (Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Ms D Harrison (School Based Police Officer)
- Mrs B Sander (Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Mr T Wild (Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Ms A Smith (Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Mr S Heaton (Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Ms A McDonagh (Designated Safeguarding Lead)
They will be able to use information that has been shared with them, in confidence, to ensure that the school is better equipped to support children and their families with safeguarding concerns.
We always endeavour to offer the best support possible to our pupils and believe that Operation Encompass is going to be both beneficial and supportive for our students and their families.
You can find more information on the Operation Encompass website or, if you have any queries, please contact one of our Key Adults via the College.