Information for Students
Due to COVID we have had to adapt our careers program to meet government regulations. We are offering the following support for students in year 11.
- Local colleges have sent in presentations which have been sent out to classes for students to watch
- Mrs Pugh will be available for drop-in support at break and lunch every Mon, Wed and Fri in the LRC
- A post 16 guide has been issued to students with important information on local colleges, apprenticeships and open events including times and dates.
- A bag with a full set of local college brochures will also be issued to students.
- They will receive a 1 to 1 interview with a qualified career adviser which will result in them receiving an action plan with advice for next steps.
- Students can contact Mrs Pugh at firstname.lastname@example.org
See our Careers Programme for details of what support will be available.
Our programme includes:
- Careers Assemblies
- Career-focused Tutor time
- Career sessions in PSHE
- Employer encounters
- Workplace experiences
- Career guidance interviews
A new careers platform is soon to be launched for students and as it’s online we encourage you to go on and learn all about options for their future and get the latest information.
GMACS is free for anyone to look at, Xello is a website linked to GMACS to allow students to have their own personalised area and develop their ideas as they move through their school years. School will issue login details to each student.
What can I do in Xello ?
- Personalise your account
- Learning Style
- Create goals and plans
What can I do on GMACS ?
- Explore how subjects link to world of work
- Meet a range of businesses
- Explore workplaces
- Access impartial information, advice and guidance about
Useful Web Links
The following websites are an ideal source of information:
Free and impartial information, advice and guidance to help you with your decisions about careers, courses and work.
Information on apprenticeship vacancies.
For information on degree courses, entry requirements.
For careers using Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths.
For career videos, links to school subjects and jobs.
Tech future careers
For more information on local colleges in our area click the links below.