2018 Key Stage 4 Results
- Another very strong year of GCSE results – although introduction of the new 9-1 GCSEs in most subjects means that direct comparisons from previous years are difficult.
- For the third year running, 1 in 5 grades achieved (19%) were grade 9-7 (A*/A).
- For the third year running, 2 in every 3 grades achieved (70%) were grade 9-4 (A*-C).
- Attainment 8 score of 46 (National Average 46.5, Manchester Average 43.2).
- Progress 8 score +0.24 indicating that our progress is above average and in the top third all schools (National Average= 0.0, Manchester Average= –13)
- EBacc Average Point Score 4.1 (National Average 4.04, Manchester Average 3.69)
- 63% grades 9-4 (Standard Pass) in English & Maths (National Average 64.2%, Manchester Average 55.5%)
- 40% grades 9-5 (Strong Pass) in English & Maths (National Average 43%, Manchester Average 36%)
- Disadvantaged Pupils Progress 8 Score +0.08 (Manchester Average -0.30).
English Baccalaureate (EBacc)
|English Baccalaureate (EBacc) Results 2018|
|Wright Robinson College||Local Authority||England|
|% Achieving the EBacc at grade 5/C or above||20||13||17|
|% Achieving the EBacc at grade 4/C or above||30||20||24|
|EBacc average point score||4.1||3.7||4.0|
|(A score of 4 means that students are averaging a Standard Pass)|
ROADWORKS: HYDE ROAD
From late January 2020, Manchester City Council is undertaking a major widening scheme on Hyde Road. This will inevitably cause some inconvenience to travel to and from Wright Robinson College. We will do our best to keep you updated.
Manchester City Council has set up a website which will provide future updates – Improvements to_our_highways